The Fortus 900mc manufactures parts in 12 production-grade engineering thermoplastics
(Click on the material name to see the material data sheet):
- ULTEM 1010 Next Generation Polymer for the highest heat resistance, chemical resistance and tensile strength of any FDM thermoplastic. It’s the only FDM material with an NSF 51 food contact certification and it’s biocompatible with an ISO 10993 and USP Class VI certification. Widely used in aerospace. Suitable for food production and custom medical devices. Is UL 94 V0 Certified. Can be EtO sterilized and autoclaved.
- ULTEM 9085 for best mix of mechanical, chemical and thermal properties. Ultem offers the highest heat resistance (flame retardant), chemical resistance and tensile strength of any FDM thermoplastic. Used for aerospace, automotive, marine and military applications because of its FST (flame, smoke and toxicity) rating and high strength to weight ratio. It’s the only FDM material with an NSF 51 food contact certification and it’s biocompatible with an ISO 10993 and USP Class VI certification.
- ABS-ESD7 for static dissipation. Allows electronics manufacturers expand the use of 3D printing into the assembly line. Static dissipation makes the material ideal for applications in the presence of powder, dust and mist that might otherwise be attracted to a plastic part.
- ABSi for translucence and higher strength than standard ABS. Suitable for medical devices.
- ABS-M30 in six colours (natural, white, black, dark grey, red and blue) for great tensile, impact and flexural strength. Used in a variety of industries.
- ABS-M30i for biocompatibility. Well suited for the medical, pharmaceutical and food packaging industries.
- ASA in 10 colours for great mechanical strength, UV stability and the best aesthetics. Ivory and black.
- Polycarbonate (PC) industrial thermoplastic for superior mechanical properties and heat resistance. Widely used in automotive, aerospace and medical.
- PC-ABS for the highest impact strength, plus the mechanical properties and heat resistance of PC and the surface appeal of ABS. Commonly used in automotive, electronics and telecommunications applications. Also widely used in medical applications.
- PC-ISO for biocompatibility and superior strength. Meets ISO 10993 (for biocompatibility) and USP Class VI (ingredients with clear histories of biocompatibility that meet tight requirements for leachates). Suitable for medical devices. Commonly used in food and drug packaging.
- PPSF for highest heat and chemical resistance.
- Nylon 12 for toughness with high fatigue resistance and chemical resistance. Commonly used in consumer goods.